The Ambi-Dry Verge System is available to suit all our slates and profiled tiles except Norfolk Pantile, Redland 49, Cathedral and Old Hollow Clay Pantile. A version is also available for DuoPlain.
Minimum pitch is the minimum pitch for the slate or tile.
Maximum pitch on duo pitch roofs is:
72.5° for DuoPlain (60° when used with DryVent Ridge)
70° for Richmond 10, MockBond Richmond 10, Saxon 10 & Landmark Slate 10
60° for Cambrian & Renown
67.5° for Mini Stonewold, Landmark Double Pantile, Grovebury & Regent
62.5° for 50 Double Roman
44.5° for Stonewold II
Maximum pitch on mono pitch roofs is:
67.5° for Cambrian & 50 Double Roman
72.5° for Mini Stonewold
65° for Renown
57.5° for Landmark Double Pantile & Grovebury
55° for DuoPlain (47.5° when used with DryVent Ridge)
52.5° for Regent
44.5° for Stonewold II
Colours available as follows:
Cambrian – Grey
Stonewold II – Grey
DuoPlain – Grey, Terracotta, Red & Brown
All other compatible tiles – Grey, Terracotta & Brown
Each Ambi-Dry Verge Pack contains:
Ambi-Dry Verge Unit x 10 (uPVC grey, terracotta or brown)
Ambi-Dry Verge Clips x 10 (stainless steel) – Cambrian and Stonewold II
Ambi-Dry Batten End Clips x 10 (stainless steel) – Mini Stonewold, Richmond 10, Saxon 10, Landmark Slate 10 and all profiled tiles
Each Ambi-Dry Eaves/Ridge Pack contains:
Eaves Stop End x 1 (coloured uPVC)
Ridge Comb x 1 (coloured uPVC)
Eaves Closer Clip x 1 (stainless steel)
Ridge Closer Clip x 1 (stainless steel)
All units are suitable for both left and right-hand verges. Block End Ridge Tiles are required for all ridge ends
- To ensure that the Ambi-Dry Verge System is located correctly, all battens should oversail the bargeboard, brickwork or cladding and be sawn off square.
- Oversail by 50 mm for Cambrian and Stonewold II
- Oversail by 60 mm for Mini Stonewold, Richmond 10, Saxon 10, Landmark Slate 10, MockBond Richmond 10 and all Profiled Tiles.
- Oversail by 45 mm for DuoPlain.
- The Ambi-Dry Verge System is not suitable for raking verges.
- At the eaves, an Eaves Stop End should be used to prevent both the ingress of water and provide the fixing position for the clip.
- Each Ambi-Dry Verge Unit is secured at the head by the verge clip and by lugs locating into channels on the top and bottom, along the length of the unit. It is essential that all three points of contact are engaged.
- When used at a top edge abutment, or similar situation, a lead flashing should be dressed over the head of the top verge unit. The flashing length will be dependent on the rafter pitch.
- At the ridge, a Ridge Comb Closer should be used to prevent the ingress of birds.
- Where timber sarking is used over the main roof area, the tiling battens should rest on the extreme brickwork or cladding.
- Suitable for 25mm thick batten only.
- Ambi-Dry Verge units for Cambrian and Stoneworld II are fixed by Verge Clips included in the pack.
- Ambi-Dry Verge units for Mini Stoneworld, Richmond 10, Saxon 10, Landmark Slate 10, Landmark Double Pantile, Landmark Double Roman, 50 Double Roman, Grovebury, Regent and Renown are fixed by a batten end clip included in the pack.