- does not readily absorb water, making it suitable for use in damp environments;
- is light, robust and easy to handle; it may be worked using a saw or sharp knife;
- is durable and will perform for the service life of the building.
|Required thicknesses of QUINN-therm QR (mm)|
|Thickness of QUINN-therm (mm)||75||100||115||130|
Results based upon roof construction of:
12.5mm plasterboard, polyethylene VCL, 150mm deep rafters at 600mm centres, QUINN-therm QR insulation (thickness as shown), vapour open underlay, 50mm cavity formed by counterbattens and battens, large format concrete tiles. Calculations performed to BS EN ISO 6946:1997, taking account of repeating thermal bridges.
- a vapour control layer is required behind the surface finish to prevent condensation forming within the structure. Contact Quinn Technical Services for advice on condensation control.
- a vapour open underlay (vapour resistance < 0.25MNs/g) should be installed as a secondary protection against wind-driven rain and snow.
- counter battens allow rain and snow to drain from the underlay to the gutter and form a vented airspace to minimise condensation risk.
Available in Board Sizes:
37.5 x 2400 x 1200mm
50.5 x2400 x 1200mm
62.5 x 2400 x 1200mm